I.D.E.A. Innovative Teaching & Learning
Teaching and Learning Overview
I.D.E.A. has crossed barriers focusing on using robotics for critical thinking, problem solving, communication and collaboration. You have added the final piece of the puzzle , VEX World Championship Judge.
I.D.E.A. is the only VEX robotics program housed in a College of Education in the world. It is the only program sponsoring the only College of Education team in regional, state and world competitions. The program focuses on the connection between the teacher and the student and the pedagogy.
"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower," Steve Jobs
VEX Robotics at NSU
Northeastern State University is the first university to house VEX Robotics solely in the College of Education.
- Robotics focus on critical thinking
- Mandatory Class Requirement for Pre-Service Teachers
- Pre-Service Teachers Run Summer Academies
- Global Initiatives
- 700 Pre-Service Teachers
- 1,000 Summer Academy students
- Partnerships with REC & VEX
- International student camps
- Global Girls Powered Initiative
- Learning the newest technologies
- Teaching the newest technologies