The full internship (student teaching) semester should be completed in the candidates’ final semester. The candidates will implement the knowledge, skills, and dispositions learned throughout the teacher education program to become skillful, creative teachers who assume full responsibility for the direction and guidance of student learning. During the internship, teacher candidates practice and apply all aspects of the conceptual framework and become immersed in the full responsibilities and duties of the classroom teacher.
The full internship provides opportunities for teacher candidates to implement the knowledge, skills, and dispositions learning through the teacher education program to become skillful, creative teachers who assume full responsibility for the direction and guidance of student learning. During the internship, teacher candidates practice and apply all aspects of the conceptual framework and become immersed in the full responsibilities and duties of the classroom teacher. Teacher candidates are responsible to attend a field-based clinical experience in a public, private, or charter PK-12 school classroom for 80 days (560 instructional clock hours). We also have flexible internship options available. In addition, candidates complete the Praxis Performance Assessment for Teachers (PPAT) and undergo multiple lesson observations by coordinators, faculty, and peers.
The full internship clinical experiences allow students to co-currently complete the Full Internship degree requirements including EDUC 4044, EDUC 4054, EDUC 4064, EDUC 4074, EDUC 4172, and EDUC 4252.
Eligibility for Full Internship
- Submit application the semester prior to Full Internship
- Successfully completed Full Internship Program interview with a university coordinator
- Successfully completed one of the below three professional education core methods
- ECED 4513 Organization and Implementation of Early Childhood Programs for Early Childhood majors
- EDUC 4353 Teaching Methods and Practices for Secondary majors
- ELED 4563 Classroom Management for Elementary and Special Education majors
- Successfully completed all of the following courses with a "C" or better:
- EDUC 3113 Educational Psychology
- EDUC 4032 Pre-Internship II
- EDUC 4823 Technology & the 21st Century Learner (formerly Emerging Technologies
- SPED 4433 Introduction to Education of Children with Exceptionalities
- Completion of ALL other coursework (General Education, Major, etc.)
- 2.50 GPA overall, in the major content area, and professional education core classes.
- A “C” or better in all major and professional education courses
- Attended Full Internship Orientation Seminar the semester prior
- Attempted to pass the appropriate Oklahoma Subject Area Test(s) (OSAT)
Students who lack an updated Background Check will have their placement info blocked.
Annual background checks are required. Students who lack an updated background check will not have access to their placement information. The cost for the background check is additional; it is not included in semester fees. Order your background check through CastleBranch, using the following package codes.
- Initial Background Check: NB12
- Re-check Background Check: NB12re
Email proof of ordering your background check to the Clinical Education office at email@example.com
Application and Placement
- Instructions and Application Spring 2022 Full Internship (pdf)
- Information Packet Spring 2022 (pdf)
- Syllabus Spring 2022 (Google Doc)
- Meet and Greet Spring 2022 (Google Doc Folder)
- Placement Spring 2022 (Google Spreadsheet)