College of Education
Welcome to the College of Education (COE)
The College of Education at Northeastern State University prepares educators, counselors and fitness/health professionals to serve Oklahoma and the entire nation. Whether your career goals center around teaching in public schools, working with those seeking healthier physical and mental lifestyles, or attending graduate college for advanced preparation, the College of Education wants to help you reach your dreams.
Our outstanding faculty focus on preparing professionals who are teaching scholars, educational leaders, and developers of human potential. Our teacher candidates and other graduates are committed to excellence in their fields and making a difference in their communities.
We are comprised of five departments:
717 N Grand Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464-2300
Education, Building C
3100 E New Orleans St.
Broken Arrow, OK 74014
For inquiries or to provide comments and feedback, please contact us at
Message from the Dean
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the College of Education and to thank you for your interest in joining the Northeastern State University family.
Dr. Vanessa Anton
Dean, College of Education
Bagley Hall 138
Gather Here. Go Far.
Whether you are interested in becoming an educator, a school administrator, a counselor (school, addiction, mental health), or a health/fitness professional, you should know that we are highly committed to continuous improvement by achieving results through rigor, relevance, relationships, and responsibility, thus facilitating highly qualified professionals in a diverse global society. The College of Education shapes the future of the region as the educational partner of choice and we are recognized as a leader among other universities in Oklahoma by effectively preparing individuals to have a positive impact on the lives of students, families, and communities.
Our outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs are provided through various methods of course design convenient to students in their busy lives--including blended-hybrid, online, and traditional face-to-face. Our students have many opportunities to engage in immersive/experiential learning--from local experiences to international experiences. We believe that you learn by doing, and this is reflected throughout our coursework. Our faculty are recognized at the local, state and national level, and you will receive the individualized, quality instruction that you need to succeed.
I appreciate your interest in the programs the College of Education has to offer. Please browse our site to learn more about the College, our faculty, staff and professional preparation programs. We would love to talk to you about your future. If you have questions about any of our programs, please contact one of the following departments.
Thousands of educators and other professionals began their journey in Northeastern State University's College of Education, and we hope you join this distinguished group. The leadership, faculty, staff and alumni from the College of Education are so excited about the opportunity to serve you!
- Special Education OSAT Review now available. Pre-recorded with access to course materials at your own convenience.
- Endowed Chairs announced
- Health and Human Performance (HHP) program now available on the BA campus. Contact the Health and Kinesiology Department for more details.
- New FLEX Internship options available to all teacher education students. Select a 4 or 5 day per week internship option to fit your personal needs!
- Alternative Certification for Educators (ACE) Institute. Already have a degree and want to be a teacher? Enroll in 100% online classes to earn your Alternative Certification.
In the News
- Annual SNAG Tournament Raises Money for Scholarships
- NSU Early Childhood Program Ranked in Top 100 Most Affordable
- COE Associate Dean Receives 2021 Barry University Distinguished Alumni Award
- COE Alum Publishes Fiction Series
- COE Dean Receives Distinguished Service Award
- Guthrie Named Interim Superintendent of Western Heights
- Dr. Meagan Moreland Shows How to Make an Active Volcano at Home on NewsOn6
- NSU Grad to Lead Houston School District as Superintendent
- COE Alum Named Oklahoma 2021 - 20 under 2 honoree
- NSU Education Degrees Selected 2021 Most Affordable
- COE Alum Named Asst Superintendent/Office Administrator of the Year
- Faculty & Staff Acknowledged at 2021 NSU Employee Recognition Reception
- COE Faculty & Students Receive DaVinci Institute Awards
- Armstrong among named 2021 NSU Centurions
- NSU Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education ranked #42 in nation
- Alum Featured for Inquiry-Based teaching in 5th Grade Reading & Social Studies classes
July 23, 2021 p >
Dr. JK Yun July 23rd, 2021 10 A.M. to 12 P.M. Virtual/Online Space is limited. Sign up at the link below by July 22nd to ensure your free spot! https: rb.gy/bnxlyd Read more+++