College of Education
Welcome to the College of Education (COE)
The College of Education at Northeastern State University prepares educators, counselors and fitness/health professionals to serve Oklahoma and the entire nation. Whether your career goals center around teaching in public schools, working with those seeking healthier physical and mental lifestyles, or attending graduate college for advanced preparation, the College of Education wants to help you reach your dreams.
Our outstanding faculty focus on preparing professionals who are teaching scholars, educational leaders, and developers of human potential. Our teacher candidates and other graduates are committed to excellence in their fields and making a difference in their communities.
We are comprised of five departments:
717 N Grand Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464-2300
Education, Building C
3100 E New Orleans St.
Broken Arrow, OK 74014
For inquiries or to provide comments and feedback, please contact us at
Message from the Dean
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the College of Education and to thank you for your interest in joining the Northeastern State University family.
Dr. Vanessa Anton, Dean
attention students currently enrolled in internships:
Students currently enrolled in Internship courses, Pre-I, Pre-II, or Full Internship, please check your NSU email for continued updates regarding your internship responsibilities and related assignments due to school closures related to COVID-19 and Oklahoma State Department of Education announcements.
- Endowed Chairs announced
- Health and Human Performance (HHP) program now available on the BA campus. Contact the Health and Kinesiology Department for more details.
- New FLEX Internship options available to all teacher education students. Select a 4 or 5 day per week internship option to fit your personal needs!
- Alternative Certification for Educators (ACE) Institute. Already have a degree and want to be a teacher? Enroll in 100% online classes to earn your Alternative Certification.
IN THE NEWS
NSU B.S.Ed Early Childhood Education ranked #42 by Study.com
- COE Faculty & Students Receive DaVinci Institute Awards
- Armstrong among named 2021 NSU Centurions
- NSU Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education ranked #42 in nation
- Alum Featured for Inquiry-Based teaching in 5th Grade Reading & Social Studies classes
- NSU College of Education Alum Wins Milken Education Award
- Psychology and Counseling Department Chair Presents the Triarchic Theory of Gender
- COE Alum receives NSU Alumni Association teacher appreciation gift
- COE Library Media graduate program ranked 18th in country
- Choate Publishes Handbook
- Celebration of Teaching celebrates 20 Years
April 19, 2021 p >
The Northeastern State University Graduate College invites you to attend a free informational webinar showcasing our College of Education online graduate degrees and certificates. We will... Read more+++
April 20, 2021 p >
Learn to Become a Librarian Library Media and Information Technology Program @ NSU Hosted by Dr. Alesha Baker and Dr. Kelli Carney This is a weekly, online webinar highlighting the program at... Read more+++
April 22, 2021 p >
Join us as Drs. Sophia Sweeney & Katherine Winsett present on the biological processes of learning. This event will be held over zoom. https://nsuok.zoom.us/j/95196474779 Read more+++