College of Education
Welcome to the College of Education (COE)
The College of Education at Northeastern State University prepares educators, counselors and fitness/health professionals to serve Oklahoma and the entire nation. Whether your career goals center around teaching in public schools, working with those seeking healthier physical and mental lifestyles, or attending graduate college for advanced preparation, the College of Education wants to help you reach your dreams.
Our outstanding faculty focus on preparing professionals who are teaching scholars, educational leaders, and developers of human potential. Our teacher candidates and other graduates are committed to excellence in their fields and making a difference in their communities.
We are comprised of five departments:
717 N Grand Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464-2300
Education, Building C
3100 E New Orleans St.
Broken Arrow, OK 74014
For inquiries or to provide comments and feedback, please contact us at
Message from the Dean
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the College of Education and to thank you for your interest in joining the Northeastern State University family.
Dr. Vanessa Anton, Dean
- Special Education OSAT Review now available. Pre-recorded with access to course materials at your own convenience.
- Endowed Chairs announced
- Health and Human Performance (HHP) program now available on the BA campus. Contact the Health and Kinesiology Department for more details.
- New FLEX Internship options available to all teacher education students. Select a 4 or 5 day per week internship option to fit your personal needs!
- Alternative Certification for Educators (ACE) Institute. Already have a degree and want to be a teacher? Enroll in 100% online classes to earn your Alternative Certification.
In the News
- NSU Grad to Lead Houston School District as Superintendent
- COE Alum Named Oklahoma 2021 - 20 under 2 honoree
- NSU Education Degrees Selected 2021 Most Affordable
- COE Alum Named Asst Superintendent/Office Administrator of the Year
- Faculty & Staff Acknowledged at 2021 NSU Employee Recognition Reception
- COE Faculty & Students Receive DaVinci Institute Awards
- Armstrong among named 2021 NSU Centurions
- NSU Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education ranked #42 in nation
- Alum Featured for Inquiry-Based teaching in 5th Grade Reading & Social Studies classes