Master of Education - Instructional Leadership
Thank you for your interest in the M.Ed. in Instructional Leadership (pk-12 Teaching) where we are
Mentoring the Educators that are Teaching the Leaders of the Future.
Are you looking for an affordable program that will allow you to make a difference in your community? Well, you are in the right place! This 100% online program will prepare you to make an impact, to be that person who changes lives in their community while leaving a legacy for many generations as those that have done before you. Northeastern State University is ranked as one of the nation’s most affordable universities. If you want to expand your skills as a teacher then you belong at NSU.
The Instructional Leadership (teaching) program is designed to create accomplished teachers who are reflective about their practice and who critically analyze what constitutes effective teaching and valuable learning. You will expand your instructional repertoires and master an expanding body of pedagogical knowledge while becoming deeply cognizant of the ethical and societal dimensions of education.
The program offers 4 options that are designed to provide individuals with the theory, methods, and application in the areas of:
- Classroom Teaching (Pedagogy and Classroom Management)
- Online Teaching (creating an engaging online learning environment)
- National Board
- Professional Enhancement (create your own path)
You are the priority in this 36-credit hour program, where online classes allow you more time with your family and career.
Please take some time to explore the Instructional Leadership program curriculum and entrance requirements.
Come join us for your next adventure as a graduate student in the M.Ed. in Instructional Leadership program at NSU. We are here to help you with all the questions that you have and get you started in graduate school.
Get an Education Certificate while earning your Master's
12-credit hour certificates are embedded in the following program options:
- Classroom Teaching
- Online Teaching
- Professional Enhancement (STEM)
- Earn the certificate or stack the certificate courses to earn a master's degree
- Achieve essential skills for growth into a STEM leadership position
- Move into leadership or administrative roles
Courses are delivered online, asynchronously, facilitated by an engaged faculty member that has the experiences and content knowledge to support your successes.
Course Duration: 8 weeks and 16 weeks
Cohort of up to 20 participants
Dedication Required: 4 to 6 hours per week per class
Assessment: Application Based (80%) and Theory (20%)
Course Activities Include:
- Techniques to enhance your curriculum
- Theory to Practice ... Apply concepts today
- Reflective weekly discussions
- Practical assignments
- Optional webinar(s)
- Capstone project
Start Your Journey here
Cohorts starting every January, March, June, July, August, and October.
Steps to Admission:
- Be admitted to NSU Graduate College
- Provide three professional references
- Compose a teaching (instructional leadership) philosophy statement
- Sign a plan of study
- Sign a statement of academic integrity and honesty
- Submit all college transcripts to the graduate college
- Admitted students: Sign a Statement of understanding (PDF)
ALTERNATIVE CERTIFICATION FOR EDUCATORS INSTITUTE (ACE INSTITUTE)
The Alternative Certification for Educators (ACE) Institute provides critical training in classroom management and pedagogy for career professionals transitioning into a teaching career.
If you currently hold a bachelor's or master's degree in a non-education field and are seeking alternative certification as an Oklahoma teacher in grades 5-12 through the Alternative Placement Program, the ACE Institute is for YOU!