Master of Education - Instructional Leadership
Are you looking for a program that will allow you to make a difference in your community when you are done? Well, you are in the right place! This 100% online program, will prepare you to make an impact, to be that person who changes lives in their community while leaving a legacy for many generations as those that have done before you.
The goal of the Master of Education in Instructional Leadership program is to create accomplished teachers who are reflective about their practice and who critically analyze what constitutes effective teaching and valuable learning. Teachers will expand their instructional repertoires and master an expanding body of pedagogical knowledge while becoming deeply cognizant of the ethical and societal dimensions of education. Teachers will understand that they are part of a global village which embraces diversity. Teachers will draw on this knowledge to make principled judgments about their students and their instruction. Teachers will use and understand research and the role it plays in academic decisions and pedagogical practices. These teachers will also collaboratively engage students, parents, colleagues, and communities in educative pursuits which foster partnerships and life-long learning.
In their teaching practice, degree candidates will:
- Construct and utilize an educational philosophy which values reflection about practice and guides their instructional and professional decisions
- Integrate appropriate instructional strategies with subject-specific curriculum to facilitate disciplinary knowledge
- Use multiple methods to monitor student engagement and evaluate student learning; utilize student responses to modify and improve instruction and to provide constructive and timely feedback
- Understand and utilize strategies that demonstrate cultural competency, promote tolerance, and develop civic virtues
- Make knowledge accessible to all students through the use of research-based strategies which recognize the individual abilities and intelligences of all learners
- Understand and demonstrate the value of research in education
Get an Education Certificate while earning your Master's
- Earn the certificate or stack the certificate courses to earn a master's degree
- Achieve essential skills for growth into a STEM leadership position
- Move into leadership or administrative roles